Sunday, July 19, 2009

Time to get it started....

Well, I made a decision...I am going to write a book! But first I am going to start exploring some topics, because there are about 20 ideas running around in my head. With the help of Jack Heffron and his Writer's Idea Book I am going to try to sort some of my ideas out, while practicing writing pros. I may use this blog for some of the prompt responses, as I can access it from anywhere, even my phone.

I am a little anxious about it, but someone told me once "Just start writing, and keep writing." I have written so many short stories and essays, and now that I think about it, I may stick to the short story genre. I don't even know. See this is where I start to make myself anxious. So many decisions!

But you know what, I just need to go for it! I have so many stories to tell! And I think this is my destiny not to mention my legacy...yah, I feel pretty good about it!

So, according to the first prompt I am supposed to pick a time of day and a duration to sit down to write. I can sit at my computer and do nothing, but I do anything but write! So I am choosing to sit down at 7:00pm and I will write for at least 1 hour. First promt, check!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Syd. I'd love to read your stuff some time!

    ReplyDelete