Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I needs some room!

As I mentioned a few posts back...I am sooooo ready to move on! Currently I work as a Corporate Trainer and Instructional Designer for a Health and Life Insurance Company. And I'm over it! I do feel blessed to have a job right now, but there are times that I feel stifled.

I feel like I need some room to breath. To stretch my creative wings and fly! I feel that my current career choice isn't really much of a contribution to anything. Truth be told, I feel as though I am just collecting a check. A friend of mine and I were talking and she said it best, "there has to be a better way."

But I stay. The economy scares me. Rationally I realize that now is probably not a good time to step on that ledge. But the "Yunus" in me says, if not now then when. I can't say that I am miserable, but there is definitely a grind. I want to do something that makes me happy and contributes to a better life, day, moment for others. The more I pray about it, the more I realize that I have to do something more. I want to write a novel. I want to teach. I want to speak and inspire. I don't know what God has in mind for me, but I feel that something is coming.

So I will keep my options open, stay in prayer, and wait for what is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment