Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Road I Travel


Was the road we are meant to travel mapped out for us before we ever set out on our journey? Are the twists and turns that we take predetermined, or are they a matter of our own free will?

I believe in the concept of one creator and that he has our entire existence planned. But what does he have up his sleeve for me? I have been plagued by illness and pain over the last year and now I am ready to experience some glory. It is easy to say, "I am tired of being sick and tired," but does that change anything. For if he truly has it all planned, no matter what I do I have to sit ...wait ...be patient. I know the lesson will come.

Measures have been taken to set me on my path to recovery, but is it truly over? Since I can remember I have always been "not a hundred percent." When ever anyone would ask me how I was doing, I would simply answer, "not a hundred percent." I don't even know what "a hundred percent" feels like. Maybe I was never intended to. If that be the case, then will I ever truly recover? Somehow, I don't feel releived after these efforts have been taken. I think that I have just begun my journey and that t, there is much more to come. I can only hope that the lesson, the glory, path that I am supposed to follow will reveal its self. Perhaps I am here to define someone else's path. Or I am here to teach someone else a lesson. Whatever the reason, I am ready to follow the path that has been set.

Photo by B.Sanchez, Long Beach, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment